National Instruments has been a leader in machine vision and image processing for nearly a decade and currently supports thousands of different cameras. To acquire, display, save, and monitor images from cameras, use NI Vision Acquisition software, which is included with all NI frame grabbers and sold separately for FireWire and Gigabit Ethernet image acquisition.
To process images, NI Vision software comes in two different packages: the Vision Development Module and NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (AI). The Vision Development Module is a collection of hundreds of vision functions for programmers using NI LabVIEW, NI LabWindows/CVI, C/C++ or Visual Basic. Vision Builder AI is an interactive software environment for configuring, benchmarking and deploying machine vision applications without programming. Both software packages work with all NI Vision frame grabbers and the NI Compact Vision System, to be able to operate in various types of IEEE 1394 and Gigabit Ethernet cameras.
NI Vision Acquisition Software
- Application software for acquiring, displaying, logging, and monitoring images from thousands of cameras. Included with all NI Vision hardware, Vision Builder AI, and the Vision Development Module. Also sold separately for IEEE 1394 and Gigabit Ethernet cameras.
- Stand-alone machine vision software. Entirely menu-driven to quickly configure, benchmark, and deploy powerful inspections. Built-in decision making for communication with other hardware devices, such as relays or lighting. Also includes Vision Acquisition software with support for thousands of cameras, including IEEE 1394 and Gigabit Ethernet cameras.
NI smart camera
- NI Smart Cameras are industrial, high-quality image sensors combined with powerful processors to create rugged, all-in-one solutions for machine vision applications. They are designed to tightly integrate with NI programmable automation controllers and human machine interfaces as well as work with the entire suite of vision algorithms in the NI vision software platform.
- NI1722, 640X480, 60fps, 1/3" CCD
- NI1742, 640X480, 60fps, 1/3" CCD
- NI1744, 1280X1024, 13fps, 1/2" CCD
- NI1762, 640X480, 60fps, 1/3" CCD
- NI1764, 1280X1024, 13fps, 1/2" CCD
- NI1772, 640X480, 110fps, 1/33" CCD
- NI1772C, 640X480, 65fps, 1/3" CCD
- NI1774, 1280X960, 22.5fps, 1/3" CCD
- NI1774C, 1280X960, 17fps, 1/3" CCD
- NI1776, 1600X120, 15fps, 1/1.8" CCD
- NI1776C, 1600X1200, 10fps, 1/1.8" CCD
- NI1778, 2448X2050, 15fps, 2/3" CCD